Monday 5 October 2009

Bird Stuck on a Wire for 19 Years



I'll acknowledge that Arnold Schwartzenegger as the Terminator is an enduring image, but I'm not sure how many children  -  or adults, for that matter  -  get excited about going on the Bird on a Wire ride almost 20 years after the film came out.  I doubt this would have drawn people to the ride back in 1990!  This painting's not so bad really, though Mel and Goldie seem to be unwashed in this painting.  (Compare with the original.)

Thanks to Glen Pearson for sending this one in!

4 comments:

  1. That's not Mel, it's Gene Simmons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way. That's Tom jones:
    http://worshipinthecity.stlouisblogs.org/archives/images/tomjones.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so weird... my very first job as a graphic artist, i had to lay this story out for my job. I remember receiving the press kit, thinking, "wtf is this?" ohmigawsh, nobody would want to see this! It just looked emminently forgettable. and sure enough it was! and then thiss.... this, homage pops up, some unwarranted eternal tribute to a bad, forgettable movie. trip!

    ReplyDelete